Cluster Wins online slots have taken mBit Casino by storm with newly released cluster pays slot games now being aggressively rolled out across some of the most well-known slot developers. Here at mBit, our casino has one of the largest collections of cluster wins slot games available to play on your desktop or laptop and while on the move via your mobile device.
At mBit Casino some of the latest video slots that use cluster pays include:
· Berryburst by NetEnt
· Brazil Bomba by Yggdrasil
· Monster Pop by BetSoft
· Fa Cai Shen Deluxe by Habanero
The very first cluster pays online slot games released were created by NetEnt and Play’n Go way back in 2016 and 2014 respectively. NetEnt released Aloha! Cluster Pays slot game and it became an instant hit while Play’n Go produced Gemix. Since then, both NetEnt and Play’n Go have created a series of cluster wins video slots all available here at mBit casino to be played using fiat currency, BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC, or DOGE.
As NetEnt and Play’n Go were the first software provider to release cluster pays online slot games, both developers naturally have the largest collection of cluster pays slots at mBit Casino with Play’n Go just slightly ahead.
However, Pragmatic Play, Red Tiger Gaming, Yggdrasil, ELK Studios, and Habanero are all now on course with their rollout of brand-new cluster pay slots. As a result, throughout 2020 and onwards, you can expect to see our collection of cluster pays slots to increase considerably giving you an exciting range of online slots that offer a ‘new way to play’ video slot games!
What Are the Most Popular Cluster Pays Slots Online?
Our slots team has been busy testing out a series of cluster wins slot titles available at mBit Casino, so you have a comprehensive list of the best ones our casino slot section has to offer. Below you will find a list of software providers, the game title, the theoretical return to play (RTP%), the slot’s volatility, and we have also included the year the slot was released in brackets.
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by Play’n Go
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from playngo.com
· Tome of Madness: 96% RTP very high volatility (2019)
· Wild Frame: 96% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Honey Rush: 96% RTP high volatility (2019) *top pick
· Queen’s Day Tilt: 96% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Black Mamba: 96% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Contact: 96% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Mahjong 88: 96% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Rise of Olympus: 96% RTP high volatility (2018)
· Sweet Alchemy: 96% RTP high volatility (2018)
· Reactoonz: 96% RTP high volatility (2017) *top pick
· Moon Princess: 96% RTP high volatility (2017)
· Viking Runecraft: 96% RTP high volatility (2017)
· Cloud Quest: 96% RTP medium volatility (2017)
· Gemix: 96% RTP medium volatility (2014)
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by NetEnt
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from netent.com
· Finn’s Golden Tavern: 96.01% RTP low-med volatility (2019) *top pick
· Wild Worlds: 96.47% RTP medium volatility (2019)
· Berryburst Max: 96.23% RTP high volatility (2018) *top pick
· Berryburst: 96.56% RTP low-med volatility (2018)
· Lost Relics: 96.03% RTP low volatility (2018) *top pick
· Shangri La Slot: 96.59% RTP medium volatility (2017)
· Twin Spin Deluxe: 96.61% RTP medium volatility (2017)
· Emoji Planet: 96.04% RTP medium volatility (2017)
· Aloha Cluster Pays: 96.42% RTP low volatility (2016)
· Street Fighter II: 96.06% RTP medium/high volatility (2020)
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by Red Tiger Gaming
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from redtiger.com
· Vault of Anubis: 94.07% RTP medium volatility (2020)
· Tiki Fruits: 95.13% RTP high volatility (2018)
· Mega Dragon: 95.18% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Fruit Snap: 94.68% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Royal Gems: 95.02% RTP medium volatility (2019)
· Laser Fruit: 95.05% RTP high volatility (2018)
· Jack in a Pot: 96.06% RTP medium volatility (2018) *top pick
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by BetSoft
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from betsoft.com
· Monster Pop: 97.07% RTP medium volatility (2020) *top pick
· Chilli Pop: 95.38% RTP medium volatility (2018) *top pick
· Sugar Pop: 97.30% RTP high volatility (2013) *top pick
· Sugar Pop 2 Double Dipped: 96.46% RTP medium volatility (2018) *top pick
· Legend of Nile: 95.62% RTP high volatility (2017)
· Giovanni’s Gems: 94.95% RTP medium volatility (2017)
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by Habanero
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from habanero
· Fa Casi Shen Deluxe: 96.62% RTP high volatility (2020)
· Hot Hot Halloween: 96.62% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Magic Oak: 96.77% RTP high volatility (2019)
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by Yggdrasil
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from yggdrasilgaming.com
· Brazil Bomba: 96.3% RTP high volatility (2020) *top pick
· Pirates 2 Mutiny: 96.2% RTP medium volatility (2020) *top pick
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by Pragmatic Play
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from pragmaticplay.com
· Sweet Bonanza: 96.52% RTP high volatility (2019)
· Sweet Bonanza Xmas: 96.51% RTP med-high volatility (2019)
Popular Cluster Pays Slots by ELK Studios
*All RTP and volatility information was taken from elk-studios.com
· Joker Gems: 96.3% RTP med-high volatility (2018)
You can find all these games in the mBit casino games section by using the search bar at the top. Also, don’t forget to check out the cluster wins slot games we have labelled as *top pick!
Why Are Cluster Pay Slots So Popular?
Cluster pay slot games have given the online slot industry a new lease of life and offer a more diverse collection of slots. Years ago, the 243-ways-to-win and 1024-ways-to-win slot games were the latest innovative feature added to online slots, but we can usually predict the slot will come with 5x3 or 5x4 reel formats. However, with slots that use the ‘cluster pays feature’, you never know quite know what you are getting next.
Cluster Pay slots use themes the same as any other slot game, but it is the reel format that is unpredictable. You could open a cluster slot game for the first time and be playing on 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, 9x9, 5x7,6x9, 7x5, or 5x7 reel formats.
Cluster pays slots are also unpredictable when it comes to the size of the clusters. For example, Aloha! Cluster Pays slot game by NetEnt uses clusters of 9 to 30 symbols while Gemix Vault of Anubis by Red Tiger uses between 5 and 30 symbols, and Queen’s Day Tilt by Play’n Go uses cluster combinations that use only 2 or 3 symbols that link vertically or horizontally on the reels.
It is the diversity in gameplay, reel formats, and the fact that cluster wins are a little out of the ordinary that these slot games have become so popular.
· Diverse reel formats using grid systems
· A varying number of symbols to form a cluster
How Do Regular Slots Calculate Combination Wins?
This question may seem out of place in a guide to cluster pay slot games, but it is important to understand the concept of how slots calculate combination wins in order to understand how cluster pay slot games calculate ‘symbol cluster wins’ which are cluster pay slot games’ version of combination wins.
Nearly all online slots used a pay line or no pay line concept. Whether a slot has 20 pay lines or uses the 243-ways-to-win no pay line concept the general rule of thumb is that you can link up combinations of 2, 3, 4, or 5 symbols from left to right on the reels. This is an example of a 5 reel slot. There are also some 6-reels slots out there that will allow you to connect 6 symbols on reels 1-2-3-4-5-6 such as Piggy Riches Megaways by Red Tiger.
On these slot games, the first symbol must land on reel 1 and run across the reels from left to right on reels 1-2 (2-symbol combination), 1-2-3 (3-symbol combination), 1-2-3-4 (4-symbol combination), and 1-2-3-4-5 (5-symbol combination).
If the same symbol lines up reels 2-3-4-5, 2-3-4, or 1-2-4-5 none of these count as a win because the first symbol in the combination does not start on reel 1 in the first two examples, and for the last example, there is a gap between the symbols. Almost all slots use this concept to calculate your combination with the exception of a few rare slot games such as Wings of Ra by Red Tiger Gaming which does not require the first symbol in a combination to be on reel 1.
Now cluster pay slots throw out the window the entire tradition of using left to right symbol combinations that form a horizontal combination. Check out the ‘Winning Cluster’ in the above screenshot. They can form a grid with 2x2 symbols plus an adjacent symbol is also added onto the cluster to create a 5-symbol cluster win.
· 5x5 grid Clusters
· 4x4 grid Clusters
· 3x3 grid Clusters
· 2x2 grid Clusters
· L-Shape Clusters
· T-shape Clusters
· Vertical Clusters
· Horizontal Clusters
The clusters are independent of pay line, and they do not need to start on reel 1. As long as there is a cluster of symbols that have formed on adjacent positions on the reels, then you will be paid.
Do Cluster Pays Slot Games Use The Same Features As Regular Slots?
Cluster pays slots use many of the same features as regular pay line and no pay line ways-to-win slot games, plus with the flexibility of clusters you get a few bonus features on top. One of the most common features on cluster wins games is the ‘cascading reels’ which is also known as ‘tumbling reels’ depending on the software provider that developed the slot game.
· Wild Symbols (Expanding, Stacked, Sticky, Spreading, Replicating wildcards)
· Free Spins Bonus Games
· Bonus pick-me rounds
· Bonus wheels
· Stacked symbols
· Multiplying symbols
· Symbol Upgrades
This list denotes some of the main features you will find on a cluster pays online video slot game. There are tons of other features and as each new cluster pays slot is released and software providers begin to expand their collection, we can expect more new and inventive features to be added.
What are Cascading Reels?
Almost every cluster wins slot game uses cascading reels. This feature was first introduced to regular pay line slots but works much better with cluster pay gameplay. If you are a fan of Microgaming (Quickfire) slots, then you will know cascading reels as ‘tumbling reels’. It is a simple concept that is very easy to understand.
· Winning cluster form on the reels
· All winning symbols are removed
· The blank positions are filled with new symbols
· Any new wins created are paid
· The process repeats until no more clusters are created
Quite a few cluster pay slots also add multipliers to each cascade that creates a new combination. Sometimes this is a typical x1, x2, or x3 multiplier or the multipliers are progressive rising by +1 for every new combination created.
Cluster pays slots are the new way to play video slot games for those looking to add more diversity to their online slots gameplay. Over the years, we have seen numerous themes, brand-new features, the introduction of 243-ways-to-win, Megaways, and expanding reels as well as rows. Now cluster win slots have taken the online casino industry by storm. Now at mBit Casino, there are over 44 cluster pays video slots and counting. Just keep your eyes peeled for new slot releases in our mBit Casino gaming section.